The Nude Attraction...
Warm Caribbean breezes sweep across your skin, waves of the water caress your skin and your all over body tan is the best ever. Why? Because you're it baring all, or most of you, on one of the Caribbeans clothing optional beaches or at an adults only resorts where you can "take it all off." Here's a capsuled overview of "rules" and where to find a place to enjoy the beach au naturel.
Officially, in the Caribbean there are only a few sanctioned locations for sunning in the nude. "On Average" the French and Dutch islands are a bit more accepting of au naturel, and if you look, you will find a number locations throughout the Caribbean where you can strip down. There are also a fair number of resorts which have private beaches that specifically allow for topless and/or nude sunbathing.
Tip: If you are specificly looking for a topless/nude beach double check with the local tourism board or resort you plan on staying at. They will be able to tell you if or where it's possible to get that all over tan.
Anguilla - Captain's Bay is a secluded spot with a white sandy beach, very private. It's a bit of trouble to get to on the road, but a car will make it. It's secluded and very lovely.
Antigua - Hawksbill Beach Resort has several beaches for guests, one of which is clothing optional. This resort sits on an isolated peninsula and has a lot of European guests.
Bonaire - Sorobon Resort is a naturist resort on Bonaire. If you're not staying at the resort, inquire about paying a fee for beach use.
Dominican Republic - Eden Bay is "the" naturist resort in the Dominican Republic. Eden Bay, near Playa Grande, is an all inclusive naturist (nudist) resort. Hotel rooms, studios and one bedroom apartments are available in three story buildings. There is a world-class Robert Trent Jones golf course nearby. The resort boasts - nude on the beach, nude snorkeling & scuba diving, nude at the pool bar, shop nude at there boutique, and couples can even dine nude at the Appletree Inn.
Guadeloupe - Club Med Caravelle on this predominantly French-speaking island has a small beach for nude sunbathing and swimming. Anse Crawen (some distance from the town of Bourg) is also a nude beach, if you don't mind the long walk. Plage Tarare is a nude beach, too.
Jamaica - This is probably the place with the most sanctioned clothing optional spots.
- Negril Cabins Resort is near bloody Bay Beach and Negril's nude beach. It's a nice place with proximity to the nude beach; a small resort which used to be quieter before Couples moved in next door.
- Couples Ocho Rios has its own private and separate au naturel sunbathing island.
- Hedonism II and Hedonism III offer pleasure seeking in every capacity, including a nude beach with nude Jacuzzi® at II and nude beach at III.
- Sunset Beach Resort & Spa - Montego Bay, Jamaica. The hotel offers 420 rooms most all with balconies over looking the sea. This is not a nude resort but there is a nude beach next to it.
- Sans Souci, the all-inclusive resort located near Ocho Rios, offers it's guests the first class accommodations, gourmet dining, top shelf cocktails, breath taking landscaped grounds, and two separate tropical beaches - - one Au Natural. The resort was once again named to the “Gold List” of Conde Nast Traveler Magazine’s 2005 list of “best places to stay.”
Margarita Island - This island off the coast of Venezuela has a nude beach, Playa Piel.
Los Roques - Another south Caribbean (Venezuelan) island with a number of secluded beaches where you can enjoy the sun sans clothing.
Martinique - Anse Traubaud is a pretty beach with many palm trees. It's topless as a general rule - be sure to check locally before going nude. You can also check out Petite Anse de Salines and decide yourself if going nude will be acceptable. Opinions vary on that one. It can be reached by a foot trail from the Anse Traubaud parking area.
USVI - St. John's Salomon Beach can be clothing optional in spite of "No Nudity" postings. It's my understanding that Little Magen's Bay Beach, on St. Thomas, also allows nude sunbathing...follow the trail from the main beach at Magen's Bay.
St. Barts - Anse des Grandes Salines is one of several nude/topless beaches on St. Barts. Inquire locally for the most convenient places and current information.
St. Martin - Orient Beach is a well-known nude beach location. Club Orient is a unique naturist vacation village hotel, situated on world famous, mile and a half long Orient Beach. Club Orient offers the freedom to roam the grounds sans clothes.
Caribbean Nude Beaches | Caribbean Topless Beaches | Caribbean Clothing Optional Beaches